About Me

My photo

Thanks for checking in. We all know life can be EXTREMELY complicated. I blog about recognizing and removing the barriers that sabotage our living well. 

- Nobody had perfect parents, so we all have issues.
- We struggle to keep up with work, personal goals, staying healthy, and all kinds of relationships.
- Our minds are busy, and they seem to often work against us.
- At the end of many days, we're disappointed about what didn't get done, how we failed, what we should have done.

So I blog about increasing personal awareness and finding balance so we can cut ourselves some slack. Let's stay grounded as we move forward in manageable steps. Perspective is everything, and I try to see around the corners so we can leverage what we've already got into more of what we want.

Follow me and give me feedback. You inspire me, and I'll try to inspire you. 

Monday, June 13, 2011

Eating for Success

The most basic guide to what you should eat is your body type." Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra

In October I pretty much gave up refined sugar and most refined carbs. Since then, I can almost count the number of times I've consumed them. It has changed my life. The fact that I'm blogging, fixing my website, and following "how-to" manuals is confirmation that they had a horrific effect on my nervous system or some system. I'm thrilled! Sugar made me spacey and emotional and somewhat antsy. My mind was all over the place. A few weeks ago, I noticed how much longer I'm sticking with tasks, and how much deeper I can go into a topic before I'm distracted.

My grounding tip is this: If you know, or even intuit, that something isn't working for your body, give it up. It's hard, but it's worth it. In the long run, our taste buds will evolve to actually want a healthier diet; but we won't get back the hours and days sacrificed to sugar lows,  jittery nerves, and queasy stomachs. 

Visit my website

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Feedback inspires me!