Monday, October 27, 2014

The cheapest cure ever!

I visited an old one at a nursing home yesterday. When I arrived, she was frazzled and agitated, rigid and fidgety. She could not be still and was the very picture of dis-ease. I, as a self-proclaimed jack-leg healer, had brought along a beverage. Old people are notoriously dehydrated. So I encouraged sipping, sipping, sipping until my watery, pomegranate concoction was gone. In minutes (and not very many) her eyes were brighter, she was smiling, and was pretty relaxed. She was responsive and still. It was REMARKABLE what a difference 12 ounces of nourishing liquid can make!

So as the media tries to scare us half to death with news of flus and viruses, I think the best thing we can do is drink, drink, drink our water (not soda and sugary stuff) until we're certain our tissues and brains are spongy with moisture. (There are a few conditions that limit the amount of liquids one can consume, so this doesn't apply to those who have them.)

So many naysayers I run across say, "I don't really like water to drink it like that."
My internal response: Oh really? I suppose you're just crazy about:

  • constipation
  • dry skin
  • brain fog
  • anxiety
  • headaches
  • dry mouth 
  • fatigue
  • and, oh yeah, increased tendencies toward dementia!!!!!!
Hmmmnnn......

Take it from me, hydration grows on you. And you can get enough healthy hydration from water, non-caffeinated herbal teas and liquids that don't have aspartame and sugar (Don't get me started on the evils of aspartame!).

So do your part to flush your system and pamper your immune system. I'm a witness of the miraculous transformation hydration makes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I look forward to hearing from you.