Thursday, August 30, 2012

Think first and save yourself some grief

I almost hit a little dog this morning. The dog's "mom" was down the street clapping her hands-- wishing him back, I suppose, while he ran cowering down the street in the opposite direction. Other cars had to stop as well to keep from ending this small dog's life. I have often seen two or three children playing with this cute little yorkie as he ran UNLEASHED across their front yard.

I was annoyed by this woman. This isn't the first time I've seen it galloping toward the street while they frantically call its name. If someone had hit their dog, she would be crying, the kids would be devastated, and probably, judging by most pet owners (I don't have a pet), they would have to mourn a family member's death. It certainly would have ruined my day had I run it down in dawn's first light! IF it had happened, it would have been avoidable by simply putting a leash on the dog. Traffic goes through continually, and a dog is not a person. Dogs chase squirrels and cats and whatever motivates their little doggie minds. Hopefully she has learned her lesson, because the little dog's days may be numbered otherwise.

So my stress busting tip is this: Do the simple, everyday thinking that will save you some grief in the long run.


Don't let this happen to your little furry friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I look forward to hearing from you.